Followers

Feb 26, 2013

Tutorial : Multicolor Necklace


I saw this necklace on Instagram a few days back (click here). It's really simple but I think it'll be good for everyday outfits. When I check the website, gemleys.com, it cost £13 or roughly Php800 plus shipping. It may be worth its cost since its made of sterling silver and combination of precious gems but I just won't spend that much on a fashion jewelry so I decided to make my own.

I know it's not exactly the same given the kind of materials I used but I suppose it's a good alternative for me.


I like sparkles so I substituted the swarovski crystals with my choice of color.


Thing you need :
1) Flat nose pliers, round nose pliers and a wire cutter.
2) Chain of desired length
3) Multicolor precious gems and swarovski crystals to add a little sparkle.
4) 8 inches of silver wire.
5) Silver Lock

How to make?

1) Cut two sets of chain according to desired length. In my case, I simply took 17 inches of wire (48cm) and cut it in half.
2) Line up your crystals and precious gems in sequence that you want.
3) When you're happy with it, make a loop at the end of your silver wire. Make sure that one end of the chain is on the hoop before you lock it.
4) Insert the silver ball first before the patterned beads and the other one before you make another loop. Again, insert the chain on the loop and secure everything in place.
5) Bend your pendant a little to creat that "U" shape.
6) Now, just add the lock on the other end of the chain and your done.




1 comments:

Clai Litiatco said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's a very nice tutorial. :) BTW, you might want to join my very first blog giveaway. :)http://clarisselitiatco.blogspot.com/2013/02/dive-in-pastels-x-1721-giveaway.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...