Followers

Dec 26, 2014

Cebu City Escapade

This post has been long overdue but I’m going to post it anyway. As I’ve mentioned on my post last week, I went to Cebu City with a few colleagues for the Annual National Convention. But before we had several days of long hours of seminar, we were able to go for a little bit of sight-seeing during our first day.

The first stop is the Chapel of Pedro Calungsod. Everyone in the group were Catholics so there was no problem going for a bit of church visits. The place looks really clean as if it was just built a few months ago. The surroundings on the reclaimed lot where it stood is not as clean though. Nonetheless, the wind blowing and bamboos are just calm and relaxing.


On the opposite street of the Chapel was the SM Sea Side. Still unfinished but our tour guide said it will be bigger than MOA after it is finished.



The next stop was the Magellan’s Cross. I only use to see this in history books.


When you walk straight ahead of it, you will find the Basilica del Sto. Nino. As we all know, Cebu is famous for its Sinulog Festival. In front of the Church, there’s a huge courtyard. I see this on television when they’re celebrating the Sinulog.



After you visit the Basilica del Sto. Nino, you’ll find the Cathedral on the other side of the street. Unfortunately, I was not able to go there because I wasn’t listening very well. I thought it was already the Basilica del Sto. Nino.

Just on the opposite side of the street is the Island Souvenir Store. I didn’t really took any pictures except for this one which right outside the store. When buying souvenirs, I suggest you to visit this place instead. They have everything from t-shirts, mugs, cap, bag, even small items like key chains and fridge magnet. They also have danggit, pusit, otap, piyaya, roscillos, dried mangoes and other delicacies that are popular in Cebu. It’s more affordable to buy from Island Souvenir if you want to purchase biscuits but if you want to buy danggit, pusit or other dried seafood, they have a local market that you can visit which sells it cheaper. It’s kind of far though.


We don’t really have much time before the day ends so there were lots of other places that we didn’t get to visit. We went straight to the Battle field of Mactan. It looks different than what I expected.

Our last stop is the Chapel of the Holy Relics. I suppose this is the only place in the Philippines where you can find a place with different relics from Saints. None in the group knew that this place even exist in the Philippines because it wasn't being advertised to keep the sanctity of the place.


One day is really not enough to explore the beauty of Cebu but that’s all I have since what I really went there for is the seminar.

On my next post, I’ll be posting about the places where I enjoyed a few meals at.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...