Followers

Nov 12, 2010

My Blood Donors... I think...

Oh well, we all know what's going on with me... The one on pink on the left hand side is my mommy (oh yeah, they're both wearing pink :)... the one with the glasses)... They went to POC (Philippine Orthopedic Center) and Red Cross that day for a blood donation... for me... I only need 3 units (that means 3 people) of blood but to make sure, my mommy brought 5 men... I have one "sure" blood donor, one dedicated teacher (wearing white and blue green, a special request) and 3 hard workers and his wife. They're all church going people so I even suggested my mom that maybe they should go to Quiapo Church since they already rented a van. But things didn't turn out so well so they weren't able to make a visit. My mom and I really do have high hopes that they'll all pass.



They came early so they were first in line. Two of them passed the testing... (soooooo happy...) then again only one passed the screening... that one wearing red... and he wasn't even the blood donor (so that's one unit). The other guy, wearing gray, was a bit sick so his white blood cells didn't pass as required. The others just simply didn't have the right blood pressure of 110-130/70-80. The teacher and the blood donor in plaid polo tried so many times but the nurse said nothing changed with their BP (my mommy's thinking maybe the teacher got scared 'cause it's his first time to donate).


My blood pressure is 120/80... and to think I'm the one with the condition... Man! I should have come. They'll never know I'm the patient unless I tell them, anyway... The blood donor brought his red cross I.D. so my mom was able to buy another unit of blood (that's 2 units). Their trip wasn't all that successful but it wasn't a waste either 'cause I'm only missing one unit. At least now we all have an idea how hard it is to get some real blood. Now I only need one more unit which, hopefully, we can get this Wednesday after bringing another friend for testing...

P.S. You can see where the photo is taken... Be my judge... (^^,)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...